NEXUS Automotive International has declared itself ready to accelerate into the future having laid the foundations to be an even stronger progressive force in the global aftermarket.
Marking its seventh anniversary, CEO Gael Escribe said that NEXUS had shown itself to be ‘more than a plain ITG’, managing through the COVID crisis and strengthening the alliance for 2021 and beyond.
While recalling milestone achievements, including establishing key supplier hubs in North America, Europe and Japan, Gael also revealed the recruitment of an important new N! Member – Motus (*), one of the biggest distributors on the African continent.
“Over the past 12 months NEXUS has shown the market levels of performance that are beyond operational excellence,” he said.
“In a time of great uncertainty, we have re-shaped and refocused, ready to grow our core business while building a ‘bridge’ to the future through new concepts and expanding existing ones.”
The newly-completed opening of the supplier hubs, in Detroit, Heidelberg, and Osaka, had fulfilled a commitment in 2020 to improve the management of supplier relationships, said Gael.
This included the appointment of new recruit Joe Stephan as N! Business Development Director North America. As well as strengthening supplier relationships, Joe will help build links between the US and Europe, and also drive joint NEXUS/N! North America projects.
His appointment is the first time an ITG has invested in North America. Joe’s appointment builds on that, in November, of Masahi Ogawa as Japanese Suppliers Partnerships Manager.
Looking forward, Gael revealed the pillars of the ‘bridge’ to the future would include:
- Accelerating growth in an increasingly complex world
- Accelerating N! flagship innovations
- Accelerating the aftermarket sustainability agenda
- Accelerating the N! commitment to mobility services
- Accelerating industry initiatives
Gael concluded: “Today, we are at a crossroads, with great achievements behind us but even more exciting times to come, keeping close to the N! Community connect by ‘blending’ digital and physical forms of communications”
NEXUS’ new member – further details
- * Motus is South Africa’s leading automotive group. Enjoying long-standing relationships with major OEMs, it employs more than 17,500 people in four key business segments: import and distribution, retail and rental, financial services, and aftermarket parts.
- Motus has unrivalled scale and scope in South Africa, a selected international presence primarily in the United Kingdom and Australia, as well as a limited presence in South East Asia and Southern and East Africa.