Having spare clamps available in a garage offers technicians a cost and time saving solution for them and their customers. There is no longer any need to open a new and complete CV Joint boot kit just to use the clamps inside even when the boot itself does not need to be replaced.
Spare clamps might be needed in the following situations:
– A clamp has been damaged but the boot is still in good condition and does not need to be replaced;
– The clamp needs to be cut to allow technicians to remove a healthy boot and inspect the components inside or check the grease level;
Roberto Marossero, Global product Manager, SKF Automotive Aftermarket says, “After several requests from our customers, we introduced this range of multi-pack clamps for rubber CV Joint boots, which make up 50% of our range. We hope they provide a quick solution to those tricky moments when a high quality, spare clamp is necessary.”
Available for immediate order, each multi-pack contains the following:
– VKJML 01001 – 12 small metal universal clamps suitable for universal, semi-universal and specific rubber boots. 250 mm long, 5 mm wide.
– VKJML 01002 – 12 large metal universal clamps suitable for universal, semi-universal and specific rubber boots. 760 mm long, 5 mm wide.
Nb: not to be used for thermoplastic specific boots.
Specific SKF universal clamp tool (VKN 400):
– Accurate and even tightening ensures reliable, long-term performance of the boot and consequently of the CV-Joint. SKF provides the perfect tool for correctly tightening these metal clamps onto rubber boots. With the VKN 400, there is no need to use scissors/cutters to cut the universal clamps.
Further product information can be found in the SKF online catalogue available at vsm.skf.com or as a download via the SKF Automotive parts search app.